With fur intact
by Press-Banner
Mar 11, 2014 | 1404 views | 0 0 comments | 68 68 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Courtesy of Jeff Hill
Courtesy of Jeff Hill
slideshow
Courtesy of Jeff Hill
Courtesy of Jeff Hill
slideshow

Ben Lomond firefighter Mike Zerweck was part of a volunteer fire crew who controlled a house fire at 290 Urbana Lane inBen Lomond on Sunday morning. Among Zerwick’s duties was rescuing a family dog and returning it to the happy owner.

The fire started in a bedroom at about 9:55 a.m. Sunday, March 9 when the wind from a door closing sucked a hanging curtain over a candle that was sitting on a dresser near the window, according to Chief Stacie Brownlee.

A woman was at home putting her 3-year-old son into the bath. She returned to the bedroom to find it ablaze and escaped the house with her son without suffering any injuries.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the bedroom. 

Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet


We encourage your online comments in this public forum, but please keep them respectful and constructive. This is not a forum for personal attacks, libelous statements, profanity or racist slurs. Readers may report such inappropriate comments by e-mailing the editor at pbeditor@pressbanner.com.