The haul for June’s Redwood Mountain Faire resulted in a strong benefit for theSan LorenzoValleyorganizations and groups who worked at the fair this year.
The Valley Women’s Club, which organizes the two-day music festival, paid out more than $30,200 to local organizations and groups whose members volunteered at the fair.
Each group shared a percentage of the profits based on the number of volunteer hours each worked, amounting to a rate of almost $17 per hour. In total, 1,791 hours were worked by 14 participating groups.
A celebration picnic was held Saturday, Aug. 25, at Roaring Camp Railroads — the site of the fair in June — to award the participants.
Nonprofit groups and community organizations can apply to work at next year’s fair.
For information: www.redwoodmountainfaire.com.
At a glance
The following groups volunteered at the 2012 Redwood Mountain Faire:
- Valley Women’s Club, 596 hours
- SLV High School Football, 193 hours
- South Street Centre, 139 hours
- Mountain Community Resources, 128 hours
- Cabrillo College Football, 120 hours
- SLV Community Band, 112 hours
- Derby Girls, 97 hours
- Valley Churches United Missions, 80 hours
- Camp Joy, 62 hours
- SLV High School athletics, 60 hours
- SLV High School baseball, 60 hours
- Boy Scouts, 48 hours
- Girl Scouts, 48 hours
- Glen Arbor School, 48 hours
Source: Valley Women’s Club