The four-team double-elimination tournament to determine the Little League District 39 All Star tournament winner began after press time Tuesday, July 3.
Teams from Scotts Valley and San Lorenzo Valley both qualified for the tournament. Below are the results from pool play, and information about which teams moved on to compete in the tourney.
For full schedules: www.district39littleleague.org/
11- and 12-year-olds
- Scotts Valley defeated SLV (10-0), lost to Santa Cruz National (8-4), but qualified for the double-elimination tournament with another 13-3 win over SLV.
- SLV finished its season with the losses to Scotts Valley, a 15-4 win over Live Oak and a loss to Santa Cruz National (9-0).
10- and 11-year-olds
- Scotts Valley went 2-2 in pool play with wins over Watsonville American (8-1) and Live Oak (15-0) and losses to Santa Cruz National (4-3) and Santa Cruz American (12-8), and qualified for the double-elimination tournament.
- SLV finished its season with losses to Aptos (8-4), Pajaro Valley (4-1) and Aptos (9-5).
9- and 10-year-olds
- Scotts Valley played San Lorenzo Valley in the first game of the double-elimination tournament after completing pool play with a 12-2 win over Live Oak, a 7-6 win over Santa Cruz American and a 29-1 win over Watsonville American.
- SLV went 2-1, with two wins over Pajaro Valley (12-7 and 13-11) and a loss to Aptos (17-7).
8- and 9-year-olds
- Scotts Valley went 3-0 in pool play with a 12-3 win over Live Oak, a 12-8 win over Aptos and a 14-4 triumph over Capitola-Soquel. They faced Watsonville American in the first game of the double-elimination tournament.
- SLV finished its season with a 1-3 record in pool play, including a 13-2 loss to Santa Cruz National, a 10-4 win over Santa Cruz American, a 13-7 loss to Santa Cruz National, and a loss to Watsonville.