- Midnight: Deputies responded to a report of road rage outside a drugstore on the 6100 block of Highway 9 in Felton. When the two men involved were stopped in the Felton Faire shopping center and questioned, each claimed that the other had made visual and verbal threats.
- 4 a.m.: A man was arrested on the 3200 block of Highway 9 in Felton for a felony warrant and on suspicion of giving deputies false information.
- 2:30 a.m.: A warrant was requested for a man who was accused of stealing two televisions, valued at about $1,200, from a woman he was staying with on the 6900 block of Highway 9 in Felton.
- 3:35 a.m.: Deputies caught a man ransacking an unlocked parked vehicle on the 5500 block of Highway 9 in Felton. He was arrested and suspected to be under the influence of drugs.
- 2 a.m.: A Boulder Creek resident reported that people had gone onto his property near the intersection of Timberwood and Bear Creek roads and threatened him with a bat when he told them to leave.
- 8:31 a.m.: Deputies who were serving an arrest warrant and conducting a probation search of a home on the 100 block of Blueberry Court in Scotts Valley ended up arresting two men. One was allegedly in possession of a stolen laptop computer, needles and prescription narcotics. The other man was allegedly in possession of heroin, methamphetamine, pipes and needles.
- 11:21 p.m.: A 21-year-old man and a 15-year-old runaway from Oregon were arrested after deputies approached them in a vehicle on the 100 block of East Grove Street in Boulder Creek. Inside the vehicle, deputies found metal knuckles, a billy club, a concealed fixed-blade knife and a loaded gun with the serial numbers filed off. The 15-year-old was allegedly in possession of drug paraphernalia and gave the deputies a false name.
Scotts Valley Police Department
- 8:41 a.m.: A stolen vehicle was returned to its owner after the owner’s friend alerted officers that it had been parked near his house at the intersection of Lundy Lane and West Arabian Way.
- 2 p.m.: A man was arrested after allegedly entering a store on the 200 block of Mount Hermon Road, taking several bottles of alcohol and fleeing on an accomplice’s motorcycle. Officers caught up with him in Felton, where he admitted to taking the liquor and was arrested for violating his probation.
- 2:35 a.m.: During a probation search of a home near the Mount Hermon Road onramp to Highway 17, three people were arrested on suspicion of identity theft, drug possession, drug paraphernalia, nitrous oxide possession, destruction of evidence and dealing in counterfeit obligations and securities.
- 5:12 p.m.: A man and a woman were detained for suspected shoplifting at a store on the 200 block of Mount Hermon Road. Both were found to be in possession of heroin, and the woman, 24, had a warrant. The man, 31, allegedly gave officers a false name.
- 6:28 p.m.: A blank checkbook was reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle on the 200 block of Sunridge Road.
- 7:16 p.m.: A warrant was issued for a man’s arrest after he allegedly grabbed his girlfriend by her shoulders and threw her on the bed, pinning her arms down and yelling at her repeatedly.
- 11:59 p.m.: Deputies arrested 38-year-old man who allegedly threw furniture and put holes in the walls of his mother’s house during an argument in southwestern Scotts Valley
This column includes items reported in dispatch logs of the listed agencies and records of the California Highway Patrol and area fire departments. Additional information may be based on reports from other agencies and officers.