- After running from an officer on the 200 block of Mount Hermon Road in Scotts Valley following a traffic stop, a 47-year-old Felton man was arrested at 1:43 a.m. for evading a peace officer with wanton disregard for safety.
- A 49-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance at 4:39 p.m. on the 15600 block of Highway 9 in Boulder Creek.
- 45-year-old woman was arrested outside of her home on the 200 block of Fern Drive in Boulder Creek at midnight, when an officer determined that she was unable to care for herself.
- A man was shocked with a Taser and taken into custody at 1 p.m. on Park Drive in Felton after he refused to leave a home where he had violated a domestic violence restraining order. The man had been seen cutting open his head with a knife and allegedly brandished the knife at deputies before being arrested.
- Items worth about $165 were stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked on Wente Avenue in Ben Lomond at 3:30 p.m.
- During a probation search of a home on the 100 block of West Drive in Zayante, a 47-year-old man and 48-year-old woman were allegedly found under the influence of narcotics at midnight. A loaded syringe was also found, and both people were arrested.
- n Someone created a credit card account in a woman’s name and defaulted on the account in the amount of $554, including late fees and interest, according to a report from the 9200 block of Highway 9 in Ben Lomond.
Scotts Valley Police Department
- A vehicle with blue headlamps and expired registration tags was stopped at 9:21 p.m. at the corner of La Madrona Drive and Mount Hermon Road. The 18-year-old driver did not have proof of insurance and agreed to a search of the vehicle, which revealed alcoholic beverages in the trunk. He was cited.
- A vehicle with a broken taillight was stopped for speeding at 3:46 a.m. on the 1600 block of Mount Hermon Road, and the 31-year-old male driver was cited on suspicion of possessing marijuana. One of the passengers, a 32-year-old man, had an outstanding no-bail warrant and was arrested.
- A 55-year-old man was found to be in violation of his parole terms and was arrested at 8:14 p.m. on the 5500 block of Scotts Valley Drive. He was booked into Santa Cruz County Jail.
- A 32-year-old man allegedly sent numerous harassing text messages with obscene language to another person on Dec. 29. The man was cited and released with a court date at 8:52 a.m. on the 100 block of Civic Center Drive.
- Someone on the 100 block of Civic Center Drive received a letter in the mail that violated a domestic violence restraining order preventing all contact, according to a report at 4:42 p.m.
- A young person on active probation was found with marijuana while at school on the 500 block of Glenwood Drive at 12:56 p.m. The young person was arrested and booked into juvenile hall.
- A 30-year-old man on probation was arrested at 9:28 p.m. on the corner of Carbonera Way and Scotts Valley Drive after allegedly stealing a carton of cigarettes worth $50.75 and being found with drug paraphernalia and syringes. Earlier in the day, the same man admittedly went into a pharmacy on the 200 block of Mount Hermon Road with stolen property, with the intention of returning the item with a discarded receipt. He successfully received $9.71 cash from the store.
- A woman whom officers knew to have a suspended license was seen driving at 9:09 p.m. After she parked on the 300 block of Flora Lane, she told an officer she had been heading to the police station to report an incident of domestic violence against her.
This column includes items reported in dispatch logs of the listed agencies and records of the California Highway Patrol and area fire departments. Additional information may be based on reports from other agencies and officers. All suspects are considered innocent until proven guilty, and charges may have been added or dropped as of publication.