Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office
- Midnight: A man residing on Chipmunk Hollow Road in Boulder Creek reported that he had been battered by his wife. By the time deputies arrived, the wife had left the area, and she was not found.
- Midnight: A man who had been reported as missing was found on the 11500 block of Highway 9 in Brookdale.
- 9:42 p.m.: A couple living on the 100 block of Sunbeam Avenue in Boulder Creek reported that they had received multiple annoying phone calls and text messages within the span of an hour. No suspects were named.
- 9 a.m.: A woman reported that a domestic-violence restraining order had been violated on Cielo Drive in Scotts Valley. The woman told the sheriff’s office that her son — acting for her husband, who was served with the restraining order in Santa Clara County — went to her house and took items belonging to the husband.
Scotts Valley Police Department
- 11:50 p.m.: A 53-year-old man was arrested after officers reported finding him drunk at the intersection of Scotts Valley Drive and Oak Creek Boulevard.
- 11:53 a.m.: A 31-year-old woman was arrested at her home on the 100 block of Mount Hermon Road at the request of the probation department for a suspected probation violation.
- 9:31 p.m.: Two Salinas residents, a 42-year-old man and a 31-year-old woman, were arrested at the Scotts Village Shopping Center after officers received reports of a suspicious vehicle. When the officers arrived, they noted that the woman was listening to a police scanner in the front seat, and the man was hiding beneath a blanket in the back seat. A search of the vehicle turned up pry bars, face masks and other tools commonly used in burglaries. Both were arrested on suspicion of possessing burglar’s tools, and the woman also had an unrelated warrant for her arrest.
- 9:56 p.m.: A resident of the 100 block of Cathy Lane sought to press charges against her ex-boyfriend, alleging that he had broken open the front door to her home after she refused to let him inside. When officers spoke with the man, he denied damaging the door.
- 8:11 a.m.: A refuse recycling container was reported to have been vandalized with a black marking pen on the 300 block of Kings Village Road.
- 2:30 p.m.: A 59-year-old man was arrested for suspected possession of drug paraphernalia and a violation of probation after he allegedly failed a urine test.
This column includes items reported in dispatch logs of the listed agencies and records of the California Highway Patrol and area fire departments. Additional information may be based on reports from other agencies and officers.