Until recently, I hadn’t paid attention to the media surrounding my adventure, but I decided to review them, because I’ve heard things that weren’t factual. To clarify a few:
1. Number of days out: six, not 10.
2. I live in a nice neighborhood close to town, not isolated in the mountains.
3. I did not go in and out of consciousness.
4. I have been turned around exploring the trails, but I haven’t spent previous overnight time in the forest.
5. I did not sprain my ankle. I was beat up from the fall, and my feet were frozen to the point of not functioning properly.
I understand things were said in speculation while I was gone that the press picked up as fact, which is unfortunate. On another note, I would like to say thank you to everyone that participated in helping me. Lesson learned: Leave a note!
Debra Collins, Felton
Editor’s Note: Debra Collins was found in Fall Creek State Park in Felton on Dec. 4 after spending six days lost in the park.