Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s OfficeOct. 22
• A woman beat another woman at 10:51 p.m. at Brookdale Inn and Spa, at the corner of Clear Creek Road and Alta Via.
• A Scotts Valley man found two death threats recorded on his answering machine at midnight on the 700 block of Lockwood Lane.
• Someone gained access to a Boulder Creek man’s personal information and opened a Home Depot credit card account, he reported at midnight on the 200 block of Lake Street. Similar credit applications at Best Buy and Bank of America were denied.
• Several Boulder Creek Elementary School buildings were spray-painted with graffiti at midnight on the 400 block of Lomond Street.
Scotts Valley Police DepartmentOct. 21
• A 63-year-old man threw his spouse to the ground several times and broke her cell phone when she tried to call police at 7 p.m. in the south part of town.
• A 26-year-old man stole a stick of deodorant at 12:45 p.m. on the 100 block of Victor Square.
• Several graffiti tags were found at 3:05 p.m. at the bottom of a bridge on the corner of Vine Hill School Road and Elderberry Court.
California Highway PatrolOct. 20
• A 20-year-old driver was arrested after he crashed into a fence on Sims Road near Brook Knoll Elementary School at 4:36 a.m. Tests showed the underage man’s blood alcohol content was about twice the legal limit for drivers age 21 and older.
• California Highway Patrol officers tried to stop a motorcycle that sped away northbound on Highway 9 north of Boulder Creek. The pursuit ended when the 37-year-old Aptos motorcyclist tried unsuccessfully to squeeze through a gate. Officers ordered him to step off his motorcycle. When he refused, officers forced the struggling man to the ground. He was arrested and booked into jail on suspicion of resisting arrest, evasion, driving under the influence and driving on a suspended license.
• A 31-year-old New Yorker was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence after she was stopped at 11:20 p.m. for a malfunctioning headlight.
• This column includes items reported in dispatch logs of the listed agencies and records of the California Highway Patrol and area fire departments. Additional information may be based on reports from other agencies and officers.