Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office
- 6:30 a.m.: A 32-year-oldLos Gatosman was arrested at the intersection of Highway 9 and Two Bar Road in Boulder Creek, on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.
- 6:37 a.m.: A 21-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving at the intersection of Highway 9 andLower Glen Arbor Road.
- 1:54 a.m.: A 59-year-old man was arrested at the intersection of Highway 9 andWestern AvenueinBen Lomondon suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and having prescription drugs without a prescription.
- 8:46 p.m.: A 64-year-old man was arrested on the 4700 block of Highway 9 in Felton after deputies encountered him and suspected that he was under the influence of drugs.
- 11:57 p.m.: A 53-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of drugs and for allegedly obstructing deputies’ investigation on the 6800 block ofEast Zayante Roadin Felton.
- 10:23 p.m.: Deputies pulled over a 36-year-old man on the 11500 block of Highway 9 in Boulder Creek and arrested him on suspicion of drunken driving and driving without a license.
- 1:31 p.m.: A man was pulled over for vehicle code violations on the 13200 block of Highway 236 in Boulder Creek. He was arrested after a probation search of the vehicle, in which deputies allegedly found two syringes, burglary tools and a false firearm.
Scotts Valley Police Department
- 12:18 p.m.: A man was arrested and released with a court date on the 200 block ofMount Hermon Road, where a store manager reportedly spotted him hiding items inside a backpack.
- 5:44 p.m.: A 27-year-old woman was arrested after loss-prevention workers at a store stopped her for allegedly shoplifting on the 200 block ofMount Hermon Road. The workers advised the arresting officers that she was carrying methamphetamine and other controlled substances.
- 11:15 p.m.: A 25-year-old man was arrested on the 400 block ofSouthwood DrivebyScottsValleypolice officers who were helping another agency with a hit-and-run investigation. During the arrest, officers reported finding the man to be in possession of cocaine.
- 5:13 a.m.: A cash drawer containing about $150 in cash was stolen when someone broke through the front door of Leo’s U-Save Liquors,4790 Scotts Valley Drive. The total loss, including damage, was estimated to be $1,200.
- 4:26 p.m.: Someone at a business on the 5400 block ofScotts Valley Drivereported that a customer tried to spend a counterfeit $100 bill. The bill was not accepted and was returned to the person.
Boulder Creek Fire Protection District
- 6:50 a.m.: Smoldering charcoal briquettes that had been placed in a compost bin after a barbecue ignited, and the resulting fire destroyed a garage on the 15000 block of Highway 236 in Boulder Creek.
This column includes items reported in dispatch logs of the listed agencies and records of theCalifornia HighwayPatrol and area fire departments. Additional information may be based on reports from other agencies and officers. All suspects are considered innocent until proven guilty, and charges may have been added or dropped as of publication.