Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office
- 12:09 a.m.: Deputies found a man unconscious in the middle of the road and arrested him on suspicion of public drunkenness on the 300 block of Hihn Street in Felton.
- 3:30 p.m.: A purse containing credit cards, identification cards and cash was reported as stolen from a vehicle on the 5600 block of Highway 9. Someone used a rock to smash the driver’s side rear window.
- 7:40 p.m.: Deputies arrested a woman for an outstanding misdemeanor warrant at her home on the 15400 block of Bear Creek Road in Boulder Creek.
- 2:15 p.m.: A woman’s cellphone and sunglasses were reported as missing from her vehicle, which was parked on the 6200 block of Highway 9 in Felton.
- 9 p.m.: A resident of the 9600 block of Brookside Drive in Ben Lomond reported that someone had thrown a rock through his kitchen window.
- 1:30 p.m.: A resident of the 2400 block of El Rancho Drive in Scotts Valley reported that his great Dane, a show dog valued at roughly $27,000, had been stolen from the back of his recreational vehicle.
- 8 a.m.: A man was arrested and booked into Santa Cruz County Jail after he allegedly hit a woman he lived with in south Ben Lomond with his hands and knees, leaving visible injuries on both her arms.
Scotts Valley Police Department
- 12:35 p.m.: A 50-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol when his vehicle was pulled over for expired registration tags on southbound Highway 17 near the Mount Hermon Road exit.
- 5:11 p.m.: Officers found an intoxicated teenager at a business on the 200 block of Mount Hermon Road. She was arrested and turned over to her mother.
- 2:03 a.m.: A 22-year-old man was arrested when officers found him drunk and unconscious in the intersection of Mount Hermon Road and Scotts Valley Drive. Police searched him and found methamphetamine in his possession.
- 11:46 p.m.: A 25-year-old woman was pulled over for speeding and a mechanical violation at the corner of Mount Hermon Road and Skypark Drive. Police arrested her on suspicion of drunken driving and had her vehicle towed.
- 1:03 a.m.: A 22-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and had his vehicle impounded when police pulled him over for following another vehicle too closely on northbound Highway 17 near the Santa’s Village Road exit.
- 8:43 a.m.: The doors of a restroom on the 300 block of Kings Village Road were vandalized with black and blue markers. The damage was estimated to be $100.
- 12:48 p.m.: Officers responded to a report of a man and a teenage boy in a verbal fight that turned slightly physical on the 200 block of Kings Village Road. Neither wished to pursue charges.
- 4:16 a.m.: A motorist was pulled over for having a nonfunctioning taillight at the intersection of Scotts Valley Drive and Carbonero Way. When police determined that his license was suspended and he had been cited before for driving with a suspended license, he was arrested and released with a court date. The vehicle was turned over to a licensed driver.
- 10:01 p.m.: A 23-year-old man was arrested for drunken driving on the 5400 block of Scotts Valley Drive.
- 9:19 a.m.: The front door of a business on the 300 block of El Pueblo Road was reportedly forced open, but nothing was reported as stolen.
- 11:48 a.m.: A 22-year-old woman and a 20-year-old man were arrested on the 200 block of Mount Hermon Road for allegedly taking video games from Kmart without paying for them and trying to sell the games to GameStop.
- 8:56 a.m.: A report was taken after someone etched “XIV” in 1-inch lettering into the paint inside a men’s bathroom door on the 100 block of Civic Center Drive.
- 3:47 p.m.: A 33-year-old man was arrested on the 200 block of Mount Hermon Road after a 17-year-old girl reported seeing him masturbating in public. The man, who denied the incident, was booked into county jail.